Welcome, and thank you for your enrollment in the course, “Risk Management & Record Keeping: TSBDE Regulatory Rule Compliance and Ethics for Texas Dentists” (9 CE Hours).
In this course, you will learn to manage & reduce your risks ethically and legally by understanding the laws & rules for Record Keeping, Informed Consent, & the Standard of Care. The course has 10 separate modules to work through, seven of which having video presentations on the respective module subjects, allowing you to hear me as I review, interpret, and explain the practical application of the Rules of the TSBDE that lead to significantly managing your risks in day-to-day dental practice in Texas.
The areas to be covered in this course are as follows –
1. The Rules & Regulations of the TSBDE: Overview
2. The Two Most Important Board Rules To Know
3. Rule 108.7 Standard of Care
4. Rule 108.8 Record Keeping
5. Rule 108.8 Maintenance of Records
6. Rule 108.8 Requests for Records
7. Rule 108.8 Duplication of Records
8. Rule 108.5 Patient Abandonment
9. Rule 108.6 Report of Patient Death or Injury Requiring Hospitalization
Whether you are a practice owner, an associate dentist, a dental hygienist, a dental assistant, or the office administrator, I hope this course is helpful to you and the rest of your dental office team.
Boyd W. Shepherd, D.D.S., J.D.